November 12, 2008

Sharing Your Feelings Through Short Stories

Do you, or, someone you know have good advice or words of encouragement that you would like to share with others that have epilepsy? I am looking for short stories that I can put together, which will hopefully turn into a small book that can be shared with others that are dealing with epilepsy. I would like to hear your view on what it is like to be a parent/guardian/significant other/friend of a individual who has epilepsy. Here are some ideas that I came up with:

- Letter to someone (ex. Something you wanted them to know)
- Relationships
- Friendships
- Schooling/Education
- Words of encouragement
- Advice to others with epilepsy
- Feeling misunderstood
- How epilepsy makes me feel?
- Overcoming adversity


I am sure there is much more that could be added to this list, so if you think of anything that would be meaningful to let others know, please add to the blog or start you topic. The most important thing is that you are letting those people know you care.

Finally, in order for me to get a good collection of stories, I will need to ask you to email the story to me. Remember, if you do not want your name known you can simply write anonymous. Otherwise, at the end of your story it would be nice to see who has written it and where you are from. For example, Katrin From Philadelphia, Pa., or just Pa, it is your choice.

Hopefully, this will be a great success so that we can let people know that we do care about those with epilepsy and that we believe in them. I look forward to all your stories!

Sincerely,

Katrin
KPetka00@gmail.com

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am the mother of a child with epilepsy. Our daughter was 5 years old when she was diagnosed with epilepsy and partial complex seizures. She is now 23 years old and a graduate of a university. For the past 18 years, my husband and I have been advocates for our daughter. Her education was our number one priority. If you would like to learn more about her, her brain surgery, the after effects, living seizure free.....please ask.